Saturday, January 9, 2010

What A Wonderful 80's World

Few nights ago, we were out for dinner and drinks. Then, at one point the conversation switched to things we loved from the 80's, the songs etc. Then, the 4 of us started singing bits from our favourite songs. Some of it, we'd forgotten....

....the Romantics, Johnny Hates Jazz, Cyndi Lauper, Boy George, Bronski Beat, Pet Shop Boys, Spandau Ballet, A-Ha, Tears for Fears wahhhhh...

Here are some of my favourites:


Cult music...wow




I died every time this came on...


Fantastic, passionate music...




I had recorded this music video off tv & watched it everyday.


I love this song like crazy...


We can still remember the words, twenty years later...oh no!


AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH Morten Harket!!! (sound of crazy female fans screaming)

Somehow 80's songs sound happier...even the intense ones



Who can forget Red Red Wine but I love this UB40 song more: classic innovation


Who hasn't this beautiful song before? Caravan of Love by The Housemartins


Long lost song! I finally found it -- Happy Hour by The Housemartins


More favourites!
Spandau Ballet - True (I used to love Gary Kemp)(RIGHT CLICK TO PLAY)
Crowded House - Don't Dream It's Over (wow, I found it!)(RIGHT CLICK TO PLAY)

No comments:

Post a Comment